Great music isn’t limited to the concert hall, just as fine paintings aren’t limited to the art museum.
2002 marked the first year that Summerfair Cincinnati reviewed and allocated special awards. Over the years, with our growth and successes, we have been able to increase our giving. This year we are awarding up to $5000. Summerfair Cincinnati likes to give awards to as many organizations as possible so smaller amounts may be given as well. This award is to assist local, small and mid-sized arts organizations with the creation of new programs, expansion of current programs, or assistance with production or presentation expenses. These awards help to increase opportunities for arts experiences for all members of our community, regardless of age, ability, income, or location.
Criteria for consideration of funding requests include:
- Quality of the art performed/produced
- Number of people benefiting from the program / project
- Impact of Summerfair’s contribution
- Unique or innovative aspects of the program / project
- Diversity of the target audience
- Potential for the program / project to attract a new audience
- Project must occur within one-year after the Summerfair award date (exceptions can be arranged if live performance dates need to be rescheduled due to COVID restrictions)
The application for the Summerfair 2021 Small Arts Organization Awards is closed. Just click on the link below to download the file.
Important dates for the 2021 Awards.
Applications available: December 11, 2020
Applications due: Emailed no later then February 8, 2021
Applications reviewed: February 9 through March 6, 2021
Awards announced: March 9, 2021
Awards allocated: March 15, 2021
2021 Special Award Recipients
Click on any of the organizations below to visit their website.