Summerfair Cincinnati is a 501(c)3 non profit arts organization, made up of a group of dedicated Members who, along with one staff person, work throughout the year on a variety of programs.
A Summerfair Cincinnati Member (known as a Green Shirt) supports the mission and vision of the organization by playing an integral role in organizing and executing a variety of event/program specific tasks and duties. They involve themselves in one or more areas of the organization, such as helping organize or working at the Fair; organizing or working other events such as the annual Poster Reveal; assisting with the awards and/or scholarship programs which provide money and assistance to area artists and arts organizations. Members “more information here” donate their time, talents and passion for the arts with the purpose of growing the organization and taking Summerfair Cincinnati into the future.
In addition to Members, the organization depends on over 400 outside volunteers (click for additional information on being one of those outside volunteers) who donate their time specifically at the Fair.
Reasons to Join Now
- You love the arts!
- You enjoy meeting new people who have a variety of interests and life experiences.
- You’ve always thought of yourself as a “hippie” or…
- You believe that all artists are hippies at heart!
- You’re looking for a new outlet for your need to volunteer and make a worthwhile contribution to the local arts community.
- You’re all about having fun … experiencing the arts … helping other non profit arts organizations.
- You enjoy handling the details as well as strategizing the “big picture”.
- You relish the opportunity to work on a variety of committees and getting the job done.
- You’re not an artist but hope that by hanging out with them, some of that “creative ability” will rub off!
- You love to shop!